Sunday, November 25, 2007

Baptism of Fire

That is what we call your recent experience, Carmen. I wish I could be there, but my old and weak self fails me. I had an important meeting this morning so apologise for leaving you to conduct the night prowl yourself.



You were impressive standing up to the demon lord like that, indeed few would think of anything other than running away fast yet you not only stood your ground against a far superior foe, but devised effective tactics against him on the fly as well. Was it my rifle you used, Carmen? The one I gifted to you upon your arrival in the realm.



It belonged to my father, a renown musketeer of Los Condenados who hunted demons for sport. But one day the demons got the better of him. If you did use that rifle... then his spirit saw to it that the demon lord fell.


No comments: