Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Don't worry about it

You were so cold to me yesterday when I tried to get one of my foreign friends introduced - that's how I realised something was wrong; you were not yourself.

Please don't worry about me, what matters is that you are safe and sound now. I never imagined that I could lose you so easily and that I almost did, just like that.

Someone had to be there as you suffered the aftermath of such an event, and as a person who is well used to such pains I am obliged to share the burden with you, whether you want it or not. I love you too much, Carmen, as a sister, for you to fall victim to your grief. You might have caused me much hurt, but I bear it with honor.

This is my penance to you for unfairly suspecting you of breaching my trust - perhaps, it is I who should learn to trust my friends, especially the one who has stood by me ever since the beginning of all this.

I am flattered to hear from you, the day before, that I'm your best friend. Hiro tells me she hears the same from you. I hope to be still worthy of such today. And forever. For I cannot bear to lose my one and only sister.

No comments: