Thursday, November 22, 2007

The honor is mine, my lady

There is only one ethos in the Legion of the Condemned - we all stick together, or we die. In those dark days of pioneering that was the truth.

I saw your party of three floundering against those vicious undead gladiators and promptly led a charge against orders to destroy that mob before they surrounded you. It was a blind, desperate attack, and always when I think of it, I felt extremely foolish risking my life for a complete stranger who would gladly transform his grovelling thanks into hatred and betrayal in the blink of an eye once help was not needed.

My rifle couldn't fire fast enough, so I placed myself between that fanatic and you, weapon held as a club. He charged at me with twin longswords... but never made it. Los Condenados was renown for its parade-like efficiency in maneuvers on the field and that did not fail us that night, for I charged, and the whole squadron charged with me!

We made a square formation for defense and I stood above your fallen form and yelled, "Pioneer, are you all right!?" - if you did not respond we would have moved on for we have no love for those who throw themselves against the wild hordes mindlessly seeking fame and fortune. (reference to botters, AFK levellers, etc, in MMORPGs)

You replied promptly, and I was shocked to realise you were a woman.

- Kenny aka. Jose Sivarja, Chief of Musketeer Training

No comments: