Sunday, December 9, 2007

Reply from Varghese

Hello Carmen,


This is my first ever letter to you. I'm not very good with words so bear with me.


Well what can I say - Rosa told me last night about your past and I was shocked that the woman who wants to be with me had gone through so much suffering. I cannot imagine what a year of depression is like, nor the sorrow one feels after she had sailed half the world from love only to observe his funeral.


I cannot believe how you can survive all that and still remain the capable professional that you are. Or maybe, that's how you shield yourself from the cruelty of this world - to not have any feelings. Regardless, Rosa's sharing makes me respect you even more, for you've been betrayed so many times in your life by your former suitors and yet you dare to let me feel what it is like to hold a woman in my arms.


I've never experienced love before, but if I am worthy I would stay with you forever, you are that pillar of strength that I so desperately need to survive. And such a strong woman! It doesn't matter if you do not want me; I am content just having you our clan's guardian angel agains the horrors of this realm.


Call on me anytime Carmen my love, for hearing your sad tale has made me all but your humble servant for all eternity.

No comments: